Pages

Friday, 14 August 2009

Imagic That!

Our baby Sal hasn't mastered the word "imagine" yet. She has a very good grasp of the concept however. As most four year olds do, she has a particularly colourful imagination. Combining "imagine" and "magic" has allowed her to come up with the term "imagic", which is now used by all family members, and like so many of their mannerisms, we'll probably continue to use these special little terms (which make no sense to anybody else) long after they've outgrown them.

Imagic if we were the only people in the world.
Imagic if horses could talk.
Imagic if the sky was green and grass was blue.
Imagic if I could fly.
Imagic if we had brumbies living in our hills.
Imagic if the big kids didn't have to go to school.
Imagic if lollies were good for you.
Imagic if Daddy did all the ironing. (I imagiced that one).
Imagic if we could pick this echidna up we found in the lucerne paddock.



2 comments:

  1. Love this! The whole time I was reading I was playing Imagine by John Lennon in my head... "you may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one. I hope someday you will join us, and the world will live as one."

    Tell her her imagicing worked... at least with the lolipops! http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2008/02/080204144715.htm

    Blessings,
    Carolynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute! There are a few things I'd like to 'imanic'.

    We have a few of those words too. One of them is "fee-foo" which means 'finished' and was used constantly by my son when he was a toddler. "Flubby" is what you'll hear us calling a butterfly, in honour of our first daughter's first attempts at saying that word.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...