Pages

Friday, 4 December 2009

Fa La La La La

The school bus was twelve minutes late today.
Ruined my day.
Not really ........I guess.
Just seems that way as you're sitting there, waiting, waiting.

Had my Christmas cakes in the oven.
Will blame the bus if they're no good.
Not that the bus affected them. They didn't come out until nearly 2.
Five and three-quarter hours it took me to do two molasses runs. Just the same length of time to cook my cakes. Funny that.

Had it taken seven hours to do the molasses, that's how long it would have taken to cook my cakes. Funny that.

Nice way to spend a Friday.

Re-entered the house to the beautiful aroma of rum-soaked baking.

I only meant to cook one cake. But after filling my large square tin, there was still sufficient to fill a dozen muffin tins, so we'll still be eating Christmas cake come Easter I imagine.

And probably only me. Of course Matthew won't eat fruit cake.
Fruit!
In a cake!
Some people just don't get it.
The kids do like fruit cake, but this one just might be too rich!

And with kids merrily fa-la-la-ing, practising for their guest performance at tomorrow night's "Christmas Tree" extravaganza in our small community park, rehearsals underway for next week's end of school Presentation, the aroma of baking Christmas cake, it's just starting to feel a lot like Christmas around here.

Now, if I could just get the stench of molasses out of my clothes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...