Pages

Thursday, 24 December 2009

Merry Christmas to All

This afternoon I attempted to close my eyes for twenty minutes, on this the eve of Christmas.
I may as well have attempted to backstroke across the English Channel. Would have been as successful. I'd lined the kids up in front of an uplifting, light-hearted Christmas movie, and even given them a basket of washing to fold. All that about idle hands, devils tools and all. But obviously the Christmas anticipation is too great. Too great for children to be quiet.

It's been a full week. After a hellish 'drought week' last week involving me being rather off-colour with a particularly nasty cold, a bike fall, starving stock, tired cranky children and an absent husband I unsuccesfully attempted to sell the place, the kids and move to Northern England, where the fields seem so green, all to no avail.

This week I'm back. I'm better. I'm keeping the kids, the cattle and the place. I completed my Christmas shopping and all is well with the world. The above storm clouds had something to do with it. We've received 32 mm of rain in three falls during the week. At least on half the place. Enough to keep us going.



These little tykes don't know there's a drought. They're growing beautifully, taken to roaming between paddocks as they please, will soon be big enough to feel the tickle of the electric fence.

These girls are growing too. Sally, and Tammy. And Ruby.



This girl had a particularly early morning assisting Dad with the Christmas pig slaughter.



And these also featured this week.
And I just had to include them again. Just because.

To all our family for whom this blog was intended, we wish you a wonderfully happy Christmas, and to all those I've met along the way, who also share an interest in our lives, I thank you and wish you a joyous festive season.

3 comments:

  1. Rockwallaby, a very happy Christmas to you and your family. I really enjoy your blog!
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you got some rain; I wondered if you'd get some when I heard rain forecast for CQ. Hope there's more on the radar for you.

    Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Same to you guys. We had a wonderful xmas. Those truffles look like they're straight out of a cook book. Yummy...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...