Pages

Sunday, 7 February 2010

Hip Hip Hooray!

We celebrated a birthday this weekend.
Yesterday was Jessie's 9th birthday.
Nine years since this little dark curly-haired girl joined our family.

Of course I was expecting a boy. Mother's instinct and all. Was sure it was Lachlan we were about to meet. So this poor little baby girl remained un-named for many hours while we oohed and aahed and thunk a lot.

And we named her after my paternal grandmother, a beautiful kind woman who I have wonderful memories of. I wish my children could have known her. She was Jessie May.

...and this is Jessie Dian. (Dian from her paternal grandmother).

It was the day Tom Cruise and Nicole Kidman announced their pending divorce. Funny, the things you remember.

But I do remember seeing that on the news from my hospital bed. One of the many delights of having babies. Watching television in bed. While people bring you food on a tray.

Should have had six babies.

And it wasn't long before the black curls became long blonde flowing locks.

Rapunzel, Rapunzel...


and she loved to dance.



and also pigs.

Two of the other great passions in her life...

pavlova...

... and lamb racks.

That's my girl.

5 comments:

  1. I wish my girls could have met Jesse too. P.S. Your Jess is very beautiful. What a glamour.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is beautiful. One of my girls had very dark hair that turned to blonde curls.
    Gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday to Jessie. What a fun post, golden curls, pigs, pavlova, lamb racks and dancing. Just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday gorgeous girl. Love from Uncle Peter, Aunty Dinah, Jack and Ben xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday Jessie. Mmmm lamb racks and pavlova - perfect birthday food x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...