Pages

Sunday, 7 March 2010

Saturday: As Easy as 1,2,3.

1 shovel of cement, 2 of sand, 3 of aggregate.

I can handle that. It's not rocket-science after all.


Easy. 1 mixer full fills a barrow. Cool. Should be outta here reeeeaaaallll soon.


About now I was starting to have doubts. It was 35 degrees, 93 % humidity and no matter how much you shovelled there still seemed to be a trailer load of sand. This was about fourth barrow in, and there was still a lot of bare country to cover.

And by now there's sweat dropping from body parts I didn't know could sweat.


I want to go home. I want to sit on the verandah and eat freshly baked orange cake. And I know there's one sitting on the kitchen bench. And those kids have probably found it by now.

It was also about now I started sharing great wisdoms about those trucks that drive out from town with the big spinning tank on their trailer. You know the ones, they actually deliver the concrete to your door.

I was informed they came at a price.

And you think this doesn't!


These fellas just loved having some company.

They obviously don't know this is going to be a fattening pen.

Starting to taste a cold beer about now!


And then the help arrived! One grabbed a camera, one grabbed a shovel.

Thanks for coming.



Three hours ago would have been good.

But after AI'ing some cows, what better way to enjoy a cold ale than to this view.

1 comment:

  1. Oh you so hard...but yes so worth it for the cold beer and beautiful view x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...