Pages

Saturday, 4 September 2010

The Mighty Duck(s)

Yesterday afternoon I slipped into school ten minutes early in the hope of catching a glimpse of the upcoming hockey stars in action.  I certainly wasn't disappointed.

If it hadn't been for the plaits, I'd still be wondering who this mighty goal-keeper was.


My sensitive, kind, compassionate second daughter it was not.  I recognised the plaits, but not the confidence, the ability, the fierce determination protecting her goal.


She was a girl transformed.


She had places to go,


She was Xena, Warrior Princess.


Complete with head protection,


And then she saw me,


And with this look, told me the photography session was over!

2 comments:

  1. Finally I get around to posting you a comment.
    So sorry I have taken so long to leave a comment or two. I love catching up with you on your blog. I love the look in your daughters eyes in the last photo too. Love it.
    Your cake looked FANTASTIC. Brilliant.
    I am so jealous that you get to live on the land. Truly. Talk soon, Niki

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...