Pages

Wednesday, 15 September 2010

Togetherness

As much as I love my children more than life itself, I can't help but feel a sense of peace come over me every evening as I pull the last bedroom door closed behind me.

For this is my time.  Selfish perhaps.

Matthew's job means he is inevitably on the phone until 9 and beyond most nights, when he's home.  Then it's our time.  Sometimes we'll watch a movie, sometimes share a drink, catch up on the papers or have some time to talk.

Last night we made sausages.


Delicious, flavoursome, homegrown pork sausages.
Hundreds of them.

3 comments:

  1. Life is so romantic with a farmer isnt it? I love my alone time too. Yesterday morning I had the whole house to myself for about 1 hr for the first time in a very long time. No where to go, no noise. Perfect and I enjoyed every minute. Enjoy your snags.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh when do you sleep??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yumm! I love homemade sausage, it's hard to beat!!

    Sorry I haven't been by in a while... it's getting to be busy around this place! ;)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...