Pages

Friday, 14 January 2011

Me, Myself & I

Before I began blogging a little over a year ago I knew nobody who lived in Canada, England, Norway, the USA, even Western Australia or Tasmania.  And now I do.  And not only have I formed friendships, I have learnt more of these people's countries, their states, their ways of life.  All opportunities I would have missed out on had I not begun to document our life.

I most certainly couldn't have said I had a Tasmanian friend, a sixth-generation Tasmanian friend, a sixth generation Tasmanian friend who is also also a lawyer, mother and friend to many.

Now I can.

And this lovely lady Jane has very kindly passed a 'blogging award' to me this week.  Upon acceptance of this award the recipient (that would be me) is to post seven facts about oneself and pass the award onto three other deserving recipients (preferably new to the blogging world).



So here we go:

#1.  I despise housework with a fervour bordering on a phobic disorder.  Vacuuming, dusting, toilet-cleaning, clothes-folding, not to mention ironing.  No thankyou!  I do however appreciate clean, neat, ordered homes, and therefore spend my life dealing with this perplexing conundrum.  Sometimes the turmoil is too much!

#2.  Having been pregnant four times and therefore approximately three years of my life I can honestly say I have never experienced even a minute of morning sickness.  In fact I delighted in telling other pregnant mums-to-be that it was all a state of mind!  (Okay, you can stop booing now).

#3.  All I ever wanted to be when I grew up was a doctor, a surgeon in fact.  Devastated when my TE Score saw me miss entry to Medicine, I settled on Science and spent eighteen months at uni learning many and varied things, not so much biochemistry and parasitology, more how to cook rice 3000 different ways and how to drink dollar pots of beer! (Sorry Dad).  The calling back to rural Australia then overcame all academic pursuits, and here I am.  (Still watching Gray's Anatomy with some sense of longing).  Or is that just a Patrick Dempsey issue???

#4.  I loooove to cook!

#5.  I have spent the better part of my adult life worrying about my weight.  Jenny Craig, Weight Watchers, Tony Ferguson, BodyTrim, you name it I've tried it!  (See #4 above).

#6.  I really love an opportunity to "frock up".  With a day to day uniform consisting of jeans or shorts, workboots and battered hat hiding a mop of dishevelled hair I love to glam it up at any given opportunity.  (My Dad instructed me as a young working woman, "Just because you work like a man, you don't ever have to look like one").  Good advice!

#7.  I consider myself as having an extremely fortunate life.  A husband who I love and respect, four healthy, amazing children, a paddock full of cows for a backyard and parents who love each other.  I live in a community of people who respect each other, in a country where hard work is valued and in a world that gets smaller the more people I meet via this blog.

What more could I ask for?

And now to ask seven deep questions of three fellow bloggers.  I pass the baton to:

Sarah of 'Oesch & Doots', from whose blog-writing I sense a calm, serene and beautiful mother.

Niki from 'Keepin up with the Joneses', possibly not new to blogging, but a fun-filled Mum of four boys who I would love to sip a margarita with one day. (and having four boys should be reason enough for an award).

and third, a Farmer's Wife from 'Life in the Country', who tells the tale of adapting to country life as only a stylish city girl could.

There are many other blogs I love reading, some though are far from new to this caper, others whose privacy I respect and know their blogs aren't really meant for perusing by the masses, but to all of you who blog, you provide me with great distraction from my washing pile ... and for that alone I thank you .

12 comments:

  1. Oh, Fiona, you sweetheart! Thanks so much for the kind mention. I'm so delighted to have found your little oasis in Blogland. And the award is so well deserved ☺.

    I completely relate to #2 and yes, it *isn't* a fact I revealed to my mothers' group!

    As for #5, how did you find TF? It's working for me which is a relief.

    Three great choices and yes, Sarah (my dear Hobart friend) is just as you describe her. I'm looking forward to having dinner with her tomorrow night! J x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're too funny! I knew we were kindred spirits...see points 1, 4 & 5 :) Also, 7 but in the 'burbs. Congrats on a very well deserved award. Meredy xo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Fiona. I really enjoy reading your blog. I love hearing from other people who are having positive experiences in the country.

    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love number one as that is me!! I would much rather be crafting or hanging out with my children, hehe.

    Congrats on your award!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fiona, I loved reading more about you, and I agree about the blog experience making the world smaller - it has amazed me every day since I started my blog back in September last year. And I feel so lucky to know a Queensland cattle breeder!

    I could have written # 1 myself. I wish I could take a little more pleasure in housework - but I honestly hate it (but love a tidy, organised environment).

    And I'm also with you on the love of cooking and the subsequent struggle with kilos. Bread and butter are my biggest vices!

    And thanks for your very sweet words. I don't know if my family would describe me as calm, serene and beautiful (mostly I'm cranky, tired and dishevelled) but it probably goes to show that my blog is my happy place!

    ReplyDelete
  6. As for me, I think you have a great bloke, fantastic kids and good legs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I couldn't agree with your more, on all counts, especially number 1. and although I didn't ever have morning sickness, I had more of just "blah-ness" and great legarthy for nine months. But on the bright side, 27 months of my life that I wasn't worrying about my weight!

    I have been wondering where the name Wallace came from? (and did you know, you can reply directly to my email by clicking REPLY on my comment when it comes to your email inbox - just FYI!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I put my hand in the air too for the hatred of housework!! That along with diets lol!
    I just stumbled across your blog,,,,I love it, so much so I have added you to my favorites list....maybe if I spent less time reading blogs and more time doing housework I may actually have a clean house,,,,,nah lol
    Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  9. I havent been reading long, but I have enjoyed it so far. I am with you toatally on number one, but never being pregnant im not sure about number 2, and cooking, I love it when I dont HAVE to cook!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hate housework too ... and you can tell when you walk into our house!

    I love your blog! I think a lot of international bloggers would love it too ... your photos and children are beautiful!

    I'll tag along if you don't mind!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great list, made me laugh.

    Great to hear that you are all well and most importantly... dry.

    catchya soon in blogland

    Jacinta

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Fiona, I just found your blog and yes you deserve the Stylish Award. Your Photos are just beautiful, what happy kids and so lucky to grow up in suck a wonderful place and home. Well done

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...