Today our beautiful second daughter turned ten.
Big Fat Hen.
Here are ten amazing facts about my precious number two:
1. She was the smallest born of our four children at 8 pound 10.
2. The name Jessie came from my father's beautiful mother, her second name is Dian, from Matthew's Mum. She was meant to be Lachlan. Sarah was to be Stuart. I gave up trying to work it out with Number 3.
3. She wants to be a large animal Veterinarian when she grows up.
4. Unfortunately, she's not allowed to leave home to go to University.
5. She is a sweet, sensitive and kind child, but posesses a fiery streak that has been known to appear without a second's notice. (Her brother is nearly always present for such events ... coincidence perhaps)?
6. She hates brushing her long hair.
8. She loves to cook, and is quite accomplished, though possibly not Junior MasterChef-ready.
9. At eighteen months of age, she drove her 'Winnie the Pooh' car down a set of steps, knocking both her front teeth back. Matthew saw the blood and was rendered absolutely useless. I have never called upon his assistance again during a family crisis involving blood.
10. She sucked her thumb until she was six. I promised her if she stopped sucking it we would have a day together with none of the other kids invited, and she never sucked it again. (And I don't think we've had that day yet)!
Happy Birthday Princess.
(I owe you a day...
...just you and me).