Pages

Thursday, 17 March 2011

The Sisterhood

She is your mirror, shining back at you with a world of possibilities. She is your witness, who sees you at your worst and best, and loves you anyway. She is your partner in crime, your midnight companion, someone who knows when you are smiling, even in the dark. She is your teacher, your defense attorney, your personal press agent, even your shrink. Some days, she's the reason you wish you were an only child. ~Barbara Alpert



Sisters annoy, interfere, criticize. Indulge in monumental sulks, in huffs, in snide remarks. Borrow. Break. Monopolize the bathroom. Are always underfoot. But if catastrophe should strike, sisters are there. Defending you against all comers. ~Pam Brown


There is no better friend than a sister. And there is no better sister than you. ~Author Unknown


It was nice growing up with someone like you - someone to lean on, someone to count on... someone to tell on! ~Author Unknown



When sisters stand shoulder to shoulder, who stands a chance against us? ~Pam Brown


More than Santa Claus, your sister knows when you've been bad and good. ~Linda Sunshine


Children of the same family, the same blood, with the same first associations and habits, have some means of enjoyment in their power, which no subsequent connections can supply... ~Jane Austen, Mansfield Park, 1814

8 comments:

  1. Lovely post Fiona - my one regret is that I never gave Emma a sister! I only have a sister and am very grateful for her now we're adults - we fought like cats and dogs as kids!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dont' have a sister either (sometimes I wished I could give my brothers away!) but its interesting to watch the interaction between my girls - and their little brother - although dear lord I wish they would stop bickering....great post Fiona!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great post! I don't have a sister by blood, but i have many sister friends and it is great to have them to lean on, for sure! I loved all the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful post! I loved each and every photo of all the sisters!

    Linda
    http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for your comments Fiona...and pinterest - like a virtual pinboard/inspiration board (instead of a messy pile of magazine clipping!)

    and yes, very distracting - but also so much better than bookmarking or saving images to own computer. so more efficient in the long run! (my excuse, I will stick to it!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just beautiful, brought tears to my eyes. I am truly blessed with the most beautiful sister in the world. Mimi x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice. I can't speak to sisters but brothers are much the same. Except for the part about monopolizing the bathroom.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...