Pages

Wednesday, 19 October 2011

And So they are Here

The kids have worn a path to Mama Pig's paddock these past few days.  With Mama set to burst, the race was on to see which child would be first to raise the flag, tell the tale, spill the beans, or simply race huffing and puffing back to the house, blurting the news of the pig-a-lets.

At 5:17 this morning, Jess headed off.  I watched her journey from the kitchen window whilst waiting for the kettle to boil.  Two crossed arms raised in the air, in typical 'no deal' fashion, facing in my direction, indicated a no-show.    At 6 o'clock, Sarah, for whatever reason headed off for a double-check.  The pounding of her gumbooted feet could be heard thundering down the hill,  the shrieking "there's a piglet, there's a piglet", signal for all kids to abandon breakfast and be gone.


Kicking and screaming, children finally were dropped at school, and over the course of the day Mama provided us with nine shiny new playthings.


Far more exciting than the lastest Wii accessory, I am hoping to re-claim my children sometime closer to Christmas.

17 comments:

  1. Wii has nothing on wee-wee-wee-all the way home! How very exciting!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Fiona! You have the *best* stories to tell. Always. What a classic. J x PS Are they nonuplets?

    ReplyDelete
  3. OoOh, how sweet, lucky kids to have piggies, they say they are incredibly intelligent. Apparently my grandfather had a minnie one who could sit at the dinner table and eat politely from the plate he was served. Please don't tell us they are for chrissy dinners!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cattle, Kids & Pigs all look healthy...and settling into summer. Nice surprise, having you stop by and visit. Fall is here and the leaves are starting to turn. I'm ready for cooler weather. Cute Babies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How very cute they are!


    Rina ... our slice of heaven

    ReplyDelete
  6. my, aren't they cute! I do agree that little piggies are make the best pets. Except when they escape of course!
    I guess your biggest problem will be getting them out of their uniform before hitting the pig pen for the afternoon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. haha, we bought a pig that was supposed to be pregnant and we were feeding her and she jest kept getting bigger and then we found out that she wasn't pregnant she was eating ALL the food!
    Neighgirl

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think I would rather have the piglets to look after than the arguments that go on when the Wii is on!!
    Your kids are up and about early and always seem so busy. So different from the 14 year old lounge lizard I find sprawled about the furniture here most days :0)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mmm. I can smell it now...pork crackling. Well done Mama Pig.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful piggies for beautiful children

    ReplyDelete
  11. May I have one, pleeeeease?

    ReplyDelete
  12. They are cute! I don't know how you will pull the kids away from them!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Coming in late - is this Mama a wild pig or a pet? Hubs brought home a baby wild pig the other day - I sent him right back out with it!
    :-)
    BB

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm late getting to the party. I'm thrilled for the kids, pigs do make wonderful pets. I haven't yet decided whether pigs or goats are the most intelligent animals. Your littlies are going to have such fun with them!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just love piglets! Heck I enjoy pigs! I think they are as smart and fun and wonderful as dogs!

    Linda
    http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...