Pages

Friday, 11 November 2011

The Eleventh of the Eleventh

Sixteen years ago today I married.


On what was an incredibly hot Summer's day.


Our ceremony wasn't until 5 in the afternoon, but still the heat caused the cream roses of my bouquet to droop their beautiful heads in dismay.


And of course the soaring temperatures ensured every guest had an unquenchable thirst.


We left our reception at 4 in the morning, surrounded by good friends and happy memories.


And with every passing year I am more grateful to have met the man who is my husband.


10 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Your marriage is also a real working partnership too, isn't it?

    (I haven't been here for a while.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos... as always. Happy anniversary! gxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet that handscome couple have had some great adventures together in the past 16 years...look at you happy young things! happy anniversary!!

    (and as my brother charmingly said to my husband on our 10th wedding anniversary, geez, you know you'd get less for murder?! I will take great pleasure in seeing that same brother tie the knot himself next year.)

    Hope you manage to celebrate in far more style than we did, or at the very least, get to share a romantic wine/beer over the pig scalding fire!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary kids. Hope that you have many, many more of them.
    Old Nev.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with Old Nev - happy anniversary and here's to many more.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sincere Congratulations! Wishing you all the best and God bless,

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful photos and a beautiful post! Happy Anniversary for yesterday! Mimi xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Anniversary to you both! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulation and Happy Anniversary. I love that you told the story with romantic images of lovely flowers.

    I've nominated your blog for an award. Just pop over to mine to grab it if you wish.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...