Pages

Saturday, 19 November 2011

Stuff It!

Remember this?


For a fleeting moment, I did think of cutting it in half, scooping out its innards, sauteeing some onion and garlic, adding some minced beef and probably a little bacon, smothering it in cheese, baking it and offering it to my needy children.

But knowing that they would devour the protein portion of the offering, and leave the zucchini casing on their plates to be scraped into the scrap bucket (they aren't as perfect as some of you are beginning to believe),


I decided to cut out the middle man.

14 comments:

  1. Very funny Fiona!! The piggies looked liked they loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS When you do decide to do a zucchini the way you described, can I come over for a taste? Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clever girl! You must be as time poor as I am!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey if you get another big one, slice it and fry it in butter then on the last turn put black pepper and cheese on top.

    ReplyDelete
  5. :-) they could probably cook it, but who said they would actually EAT IT! I have been known, when faced with a zucchini glut, to grate it into all sorts of meals - goes well in savoury mince and if they don't look too hard they don't know that it is there! (and I love the surprise on their faces when the realise that they HAVE been eating it, but can't taste it at all!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. ps. am disappointed that I do not have porcine helper to dispose of fallen/spoilt mangoes this year...he had it down to a fine art, the peeling of the mango, chomp chomp, spit out the seed, on to the next one. We are surprised we didn't end up with mango flavoured pork!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You need healthy, well fed pigs as well as healthy, well fed kids!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL--cute post. Come on over to my farm and say hi....;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ha, I like your logic. Though the stuffed zucchini would go down well with me. It makes a nice moist cake too, a bit like carrot cake.

    ReplyDelete
  10. hee hee :)

    mountain mama

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...