Pages

Thursday, 26 January 2012

Australia Day


Pikelets for morning tea.


This one requested by Wallace to celebrate this special day.


Sarah has had the day at the beach.  For the first time ever, this week I have been eternally grateful for mobile phones and the fact that I can readily communicate with our girl every day.  It's been a tough week.


Even with one away there seems to be no shortage of these on the line.  The incredible rainfall that seemingly everybody else in the state has enjoyed has evaded us, with about 15mm falling on us over the course of the week.  I do think our turn's coming though.


We have bulls heading north next Friday for a sale.


I won't be going.


I'll be sleeping out on the steps of Sarah's Residential building, waiting to collect her when the bell rings.


I probably won't be the only mum there.


Sally discovered an aerobics DVD and has been working a sweat up.  Not hard with humidity levels bordering on torturous.


After a split second of terror whilst carrying folded washing into the little kids' bedroom this morning, I had to chuckle.


I think they were trying to cheer me up.

Happy Australia Day everyone.
And thankyou for your comments on my last post.  We're all going okay.

9 comments:

  1. Pikelets for morning tea, you can't get much better than that.
    That bull is sure loving getting a bit of a scratch.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have died if I had seen that toy snake. Those things terrify me!

    Almost to Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And your girl will be pleased to see you too! How the rain can miss some places is just astounding. Love that aussie pikelet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI LOVE i HAVE TRIED & TRIED TO POST YOU A COMMENT BUT CAN'T SEEM TO MAKE IT WORK. hAVE A GREAT DAY. I WROTE YOU A LONG POST ON YOUR LAST ENTRY BUT IT WOULDN'T GO THROUGH. Niki

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay it worked. Sorry about the capitals I didn't proof read before I hit the button.
    Thinking of you. Have a great Australia Day, talk soon, Niki x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would have screamed the house down, killed the snake and then the kids. Plastic or not! those things are banned in this house, enough of the real ones around to have bloody plastic ones as well!

    no such great morning tea here, thought of it until the troops fought and argued one too many times. think they are tireder than they know after the first few days of school.

    sorry you won't be heading north with the bulls, but I guess I will accept your excuse!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those rubber snakes get me every time. After ten years of them lying around I still get the heebies when I see one. I think it comes with growing up in the country where it's just not that unlikely!
    The clothesline under the house is getting a work out here. Enjoy your reunion!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm with Sharon, I hate those things, plastic or not. My kids and grandkids, however, thing it is so funny to startle me with them. Even when I know they are plastic, I react badly - and amuse all around me. Love the second shot of the bull, you are an artist with the camera. Have a wonderful time with Sarah!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...