Pages

Sunday, 5 February 2012

Together

We've enjoyed a lovely weekend.


Together again after Sarah's first two weeks at boarding school.  And while I don't want to make too much of it, as many others endure far greater tests, it's been a challenge for us all to adapt to our new 'normal'.  We've missed her terribly, as she's missed us, and I'm hopeful and certain as we fall into our new routine, it will all become easier.

I will forever cherish the smile on Sarah's face as she walked into the kitchen Friday night after being picked up in town by Dad.


The other kids raced to the shed to greet her, and the calamity of everybody talking at once carried on into the night.


She has certainly been missed.


Dad left early Saturday morning for Charters Towers, we spent the morning mowing and trying to get the whipper-snipper started.  A more confounded piece of machinery there has never been.  Another snake sighting as I mowed confirmed the need for keeping the grass down.


We then hit the local pool.






before coming home for a dinner of pizza


made on my new pizza stone (thankyou), and a dessert of profiteroles.


I can see Saturdays fast becoming my favourite day of the week.

14 comments:

  1. Oh I'm so happy for you, such special family time.
    Love your girls spotted rash shirts.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so sweet. I can imagine how much you missed your eldest. Her homecoming sounds so lovely and exciting. From this end, your four seem to be growing up so quickly.

    I love the rashies too. Where did you get them?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ditto on the rashies! The only good thing about being apart is how much it accentuates the love when they return! Now I think we will have to have pizza for dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's really nice. you are lucky, mine are in to each other fighting within 24 hours of the boarder coming home. I wish it was otherwise!

    ReplyDelete
  5. For anybody interested, the sunshirts were Christmas gifts and come from babesintheshade.com.au. They are absolutely terrific ... think I'll get one for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  6. that was my question too, about the rashies! shall be popping over there forthwith. And so nice to have a lovely weekend with your girl (sans Dad of course, seeing as he has come up here to the good part of the country! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad that you've all had a teriffic weekend. All your kids look so happy to be together.
    Thanks for explaining what a rashie is. We don't tend to have a lot of need for them up here in Scotland!!!!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad to see you all looking so happy. Two weeks already! Soon it will be Easter and you'll have a longer time together.

    Mare

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your photos capture such happiness in your family. Precious times.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice to hear all went well for Sarah at boarding - and that you all survived as well! Great pool pics too!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the sheer happiness shining from the faces of your children. Am so pleased her first home coming was so joyous.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ladies, ladies, ladies, take another look at that pizza again. You just can't make them that good without a Pizza Stone. Everyone should have one in their oven. they are great for cooking pastries and roasts and anything else as well.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think the whole family will enjoy Saturdays by the smiles on everyones face xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am glad Old Nev could chime in with some culinary advice .. I shall take heed!

    Fiona, does she come home each weekend? If so, that's great! I love the rashies too!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...