Pages

Monday, 26 March 2012

A Little Pottering in the Garden

While Matthew and the girls travelled south to house Sarah's dog Ruby with a beau for the coming week (hopefully puppies come June), Wallace and I set about a little gardening, enjoying yesterday's delightful Autumn weather.

From this:


to this:


and this:


to this:


and then this snake haven:


to this:


and then about twelve loads of these:



Of course it was all grand fun whilst we were actually pruning.  The real work started when we had to dispose of the cuttings.

Fortunately, with Wallace acting as driver, enthusiasm was aplenty.  Load after load we dumped down the paddock, Wallace only allowing a quick lunch-break before declaring it time we got back to it Mum.

I'm sure it's not the right time of year for pruning, but I don't think even I can kill these old garden faithfuls.

13 comments:

  1. Wow Fiona - you really are ruthless with the pruning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woah that's some pretty heavy pruning there... I don't have a green thumb so mine would be D.E.D dead if I did that, thus I wouldn't even attempt it (any excuse!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy Crap! When you prune, you really prune hey? Mare

    ReplyDelete
  4. You prune with gusto like my husband. I bought him an electric hedge cutter for Christmas and he prunes away to his hearts content now! Are they hibiscus?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stuff like that always comes back so I'm sure by spring it will be in full force again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nothing like a good chainsaw to garden with.... LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad to know I'm not the only Mom who gets her little boy to join in on the work by letting him drive!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's my kind of pruning!! Survival of the fittest and all that jazz!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. yegads where you in bad mood the other morning? pottering you say?!! i bet the rest of the garden is quivering in their beds!

    after all of your rain, I would say that the hibiscus, duranta and that other thing whose name I always forget, will come back great guns. I've been trying to kill a geisha girl here for years and the darned thing won't die. I've resigned myself to the fact, that short of ripping it out (not an easy feat give its location) that its here to stay. Prune prune prune.

    the lawn is liking that rain too, boy its looking lush!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ha! strike while the iron's hot, or rather garden while the weather's good!

    They'll be fine!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'd be frightened to do that! I think I've killed most of the stuff in my tiny garden already - but I do wish you'd have a go at my neighbour's shrubs! They're so big they block all the sunshine from my yard.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Fiona, I really enjoy reading your blog and seeing the great photos you take on your farm and with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fiona
    I think you and Wallace should come down here and take over the running of the BCC Vegetation Unit. They JUST MIGHT learn how to clear uncontrolled vegetation on vacant lots and places where they obviously think is infested by snakes and other bities! We can but hope!!!!!!
    Cheers
    Colin

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...