Pages

Sunday, 13 May 2012

No Place like Home

We've returned home from Beef Week just in time to celebrate Mother's Day.


One of the many wonders of the week including the abundance of jewellery stands on site,


the children dazzling me with a little bling this morning.  Unfortunately they wouldn't let me wear it to milk the cow.


As well as a flowering agave (this photo meant to capture the feeding honeysuckle who proved to be far too quick for me), we were also met by these little tykes:







currently capturing the attention of a beefed-out crew of kids.



A clean-out of the vege garden resulted in an abundance of these:


some for the kitchen, the others to be thrown in the pig's grain-boiler.


With cupboards bare and no room for a grocery order enroute from Beef Week, there's been a little baking this Mother's Day.  As the choc chip bikkies came out, a baked custard went in, now nearly due to be replaced with a leg of lamb for dinner.

Yesterday saw a quick trip to Bottle Tree, unfortunately another trip required tomorrow, but one that will fit in with Sarah's return to school.

Matthew captured it perfectly as we fell into bed last night, "It's good to be home".

20 comments:

  1. It does look like it's good to be home. Baby pigs! How cute are they?! Long eye-lashes and everyone getting all maternal.

    Your choc-chips look delicious.

    And I know if I was a cow and being milked, I'd want my farmer to look her best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately Olivia is used to seeing me in a less than glamorous state.

      Delete
  2. Hi Fiona, I picked you daughter on Landline today at Beef week didnt I? I was excited but no-one else knew what I was going on about. Sounded like a huge week for all.
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm told that Jessie was on, I missed it, will have to check it out online. Did she look bored? (because I happen to recall she was)!

      Delete
  3. Oh my, that bling is divine, as are the piglets. Beautiful. I love your good to be home snaps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm loving being home to take snaps Niki.

      Delete
  4. your kids have good taste! now we need to see it on the new owner. Would be interesteing in seeing the rest of the agave too, it seems different to the one I have....

    piglets are terribly cute. a pity they grow up, the one that has around here driving me bonkers. too smart for its own good with OCD towards the feed shed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It isn't your standard agave ... photos to follow.

      Delete
  5. My little fella is so jealous of the piglets! They do look cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cute, schmoot Jodie! More mouths to feed!

      Delete
  6. Happy Mother's Day, mother pig! Who knew piglets could smile like that? She is very clever to give you enough so everybody got to hold one. She's a diplomatic pig.
    I had completely lost my baking mojo but your cookies give me a yen to make dough while the sun shines.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous little pigs! I remember a pet pig when I was growing up, but they do grow bigger and are not so cute any more! BEautiful photos of what sounds like a lovely mothers day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The piglets have obviously captured hearts and minds. Sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Fiona!
    I love reading your blog, gives me my little dose of the good life while I'm stuck in the city!
    Like BushBelles, I also spotted one of your gorgeous girls on Landline yesterday! Hopefully it will be up on the ABC website soon, I missed the Brunette Downs segment so hoping to rewatch it tonight.
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  10. Don't take long for the old gang to get back in action does it? But none of you have got a crocodile in your back creek.
    Sharon the mail commander sent my email back - they didn't like the Yahoo bit. I will double check and try again.

    ReplyDelete
  11. PS. Hang on I might have sorted it out.I don't call these things on my head grey hairs I call them wisdoms.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Fiona, thanks for your comments, ha. Yeah, I felt a bit like I was telling flurfies. ha.
    The big box tv only just bit the dust. Hey, a bit tricky on the replies, how do I do that?
    Niki x

    ReplyDelete
  13. PPS. No damn it, still no joy. I guess that they are really just grey hairs after all.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi, I am giving you the Liebster Award. I love hearing about the antics of you and the crew and looking at the wonderful photos you post.
    http://gritandgiggles.blogspot.com.au/2012/05/liebster-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful photos as usual! Love the jewelry that you received for Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...