Pages

Sunday, 22 July 2012

A Sunny Sunday

I was so excited to be given a small collection of ferns for our verandah yesterday from a lovely lady who had a few spares in her shade-house.  In need of some splitting up, the girls and I broke them up and re-potted them this morning, enjoying the beautiful sunshiney weather.


My cheeky husband came around, said a few solemn words and made the sign of the cross over them.


Possibly I've been known to sacrifice a few items of greenery in the past.


While I fussed on the verandah, Jessie washed layers of dirt and mud from the car.


Wallace baked choc-chip biscuits, Sally washed out dog cages, and Sarah hosed the breezeway after working dogs with her Dad.


All signs of the wet weeks just gone, washed away.

8 comments:

  1. Ferns look lovely. I do like the first pot. They're not an easy plant to look after. The ground's a bit sodden in Brisbane still. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm also quite good at killing green things. Pity, because they do make a home look stylish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The ferns are very lovely and look so fresh and bright. I would not have good luck with them in this wicked weather here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best of luck with the ferns. They are such a lovely and bright addition the the verandah.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your verandah looks like a lovely place for a cup of tea or glass of champagne. Or two. Bet you hardly get a chance to sit in that chair though...

    Loved the dress in the previous post too.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely ferns! I can't keep much alive apart from trees and roses. Of course the frosts don't help me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think those sort of ferns are the easiest ones to grow, fancy smacncy delicate ones like maidenhair (of which I had visions of flourishing in my sunny, and every evening, steamy, bathroom, but no so) are a different matter. But still every so often, I forget the deaths of those before them, and try again....(smart a#sed husbands notwithstanding)

    I've just gotten back from the city driving a 4WD with a rather grubby exterior - not 4" rain muddy, but certainly far from clean. Even by my low standards it had me grimacing, but the weather before I left was just too chilly to contemplate sending a child out to attack with a hose and old cloth nappy. However I am planning on carving out a few minutes tomorrow with a pressure cleaner, even if I have to beg borrow or steal one in order to do so (husband has ours hidden somewhere under lock and key, evidently its a precious Boy Toy!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do love the look of feel occupied children! Makes Sunday all the more pleasant!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...