Pages

Thursday, 30 August 2012

Hokey Pokey Cheesecake ... anyone?

I need to share with you the details of these amazing mini cheesecakes.  A winning combination of honeycomb, chocolate and jersey caramels all smooshed into a cream cheese, condensed milk combo.


My oh my.
Jess found the recipe in a Junior Masterchef cookbook and we altered quantities to make twelve muffin-sized cheesecakes.


Here's the recipe:

Base:
225g Butternut Snap biscuits, crushed
90g Butter, melted.

Filling:
225g Jersey Caramels
500g Cream Cheese
270ml (1 1/8 cup) Condensed Milk
3 x 50 g Violet Crumble Bars, chopped


Method:

1.  Grease 12 holes of a muffin pan.  Cut 24 x 2cm-wide strips of baking paper long enough to extend beyond the rim of the holes, then place 2 in each hole to form a cross (these will act as handles to lift the cheesecakes out).

2.  Combine crushed biscuits and melted butter.  Divide mixture among the muffin holes and, using a small glass, press down firmly to compact.

3.  To make the filling, place caramels in a heatproof bowl over a small saucepan of simmering water and stir until melted.  Using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese and condensed milk until smooth.  Using a large spoon, gently fold in Violet Crumble, then the caramel, to create a swirled effect.  Divide the mixture among the prepared muffin holes.  Refrigerate 3 hours or until firm.

Due to excessive calorie density, eating in moderation would be best advised.

12 comments:

  1. Good grief they look good and easy but scary calorific! Maybe one for the whippety children to indulge in next holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. On my giddy aunt, I do not need to see those right now.
    MB12bt is kicking my butt.
    Ha, but they look amazing.
    Niki

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUM! I'm so doing these. What are Jersey caramels? Woolworths-able?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know Jersey Caramels ... little blocks of caramel with a white stripe through the centre ... you know.
      And Woolworths-friendly - Homebrand do a great Jersey Caramel.

      Delete
  4. Calories? Moderation? ...are they really words.

    ReplyDelete
  5. due to the already expansive size of my backside I am going to forget I ever saw this post. Surely even looking at the photos is adding inches to the hips!

    although when I pop in for smoko, I'll allow you to put these on the menu ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow and yum....they look devine!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm with Sharon, I'm forgetting that I ever ever ever saw this post!!
    Oh what the heck, I'm putting jersey caramels on my shopping list and next week will have to run and ride the bike every day....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kids are making their way home tonight so I think these might be on the menu this weekend. Mare

    ReplyDelete
  9. Even for a sweet tooth like me, these look a bit OTT. Oh, what the heck, I'll try one, thanks. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, I may have to make these! I love a good dessert.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...