Pages

Saturday, 24 November 2012

Marshmallow Crunch Slice ... the recipe



4 Crushed Weet-Bix
1 cup Self Raising Flour
1/2 cup Brown Sugar
1 cup Coconut
125g Marg/Butter
Dash of Vanilla

Mix all dry ingredients, add melted butter and vanilla.
Press into a well-greased or lined tray.  Bake at 180 degrees for 20 minutes.
Allow to cool before topping with marshmallow.

Topping
1 cup Sugar
3/4 cup Water
1 dessertspoon Gelatine

Combine all ingredients in saucepan, bring to the boil and cook for 3 minutes.
Let cool, then beat until white and thick.  Spread over base and sprinkle with coconut.

Make the topping as soon as the slice goes into the oven, as you do need to leave it quite a while to cool before beating.

Enjoy.

9 comments:

  1. Weetbix and marshmallow... intrigued to try! I have never made marshmallow but it's been on the list for a while....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou Fiona, this is on the list to do over the weekend....and then the plan is to enjoy a piece sitting outside under the umbrella in the garden with a coffee!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have all the ingredients in the pantry, i've got no excuse for not trying this one.
    Speaking of recipes using weet-bix, Mum used to make a chocolate weetbix slice with mint icing.. I should get that recipe.
    x.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Zara, it was actually a chocolate weet-bix recipe I was searching for when I found this one ... my Mum made one when I was a child that was always a favourite.

      Delete
  4. Yum yum yum I am going to make this for the lunchboxes this week! Thanks, constantly looking for ideas.
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks delicious....must try!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That slice looks awesome, I'm tipping my kids would love that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG Thank you thank you thank you.. This is the identical recipe my beautiful carer and aunty made for me during my whole life. I had the recipe, and it must have slipped out my recipe book in one of our house moves. I was bawling my eyes out last week trying to find it - as she was in pallative care and unable to tell me (I wasn't going to ask) She passed away earlier this week and the tears came again as I wanted to make it and all the other marshmallow recipes I googled were just not quite the same. You rock for posting this and somewhat stemmed my tears.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...