Pages

Sunday, 5 May 2013

Because it's Sunday ...

... the dress code can be somewhat relaxed.


Because it's Sunday ... we can eat chocolate cake still slightly warm from the oven for smoko.


Because it's Sunday ... we can eat fried chicken for lunch,


and enjoy it with salad.


Because it's Sunday ... I avoided butchering duties, opting to wash kitchen windows, though peered outward occasionally.


{This sign proffered by my Mum all too apt unfortunately}.


The children were so excited by the window-cleaning act, they kept exclaiming things like:

"Caw Sally, you've got to come and see this".  The visiting three extras weren't nearly as bedazzled.  I explained to my four, they've obviously seen clean windows before.  It further affirmed my view that performing the task less regularly certainly added to the enjoyment when it was done.

Tired of fighting the battle with mildew on the windowsill behind the sink, I cheated and after a light sanding, slapped a coat of high gloss enamel straight over the top.



Because it's Sunday ...

we enjoyed a cold ale with our friends when they picked their children up enroute to their home two hours away.

And because it's Sunday ...

there'll be toast for tea.

12 comments:

  1. well I'll be there next Sunday if that's the menu each Sunday brings. And entirely agree with you re cleaning etc. The less often its done the better the resulting job looks when it IS done!(aren't the kids clowns? sadly mine are too...unintentionally of course. Their father, not so much.)

    Mildew? don't you have to get rain or moisture for that to grow? I'd forgotten about that ;-) (obviously not an issue I've had to face this year so far!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cleaned a sliding door that had been put in 12 months ago for the first time last week. It still surprises me as I walk past it and can actually see clearly out of it. Thought I might get the inspired to do the rest of the windows but so far it hasn't happened. Our Sunday night tea is always 'whatever you get yourself and don't forget to clean up your mess'.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought I was the only one having a Sunday like that! Yay you...

    ReplyDelete
  4. If it makes you feel better re window cleaning - I cleaned our glass sliding door out to the patio when I had a dinner party out there in February. Every single child present then walked straight into the window. Obviously not used to such high standards at my house! Also proves that windows which are too clean are dangerous...

    Your Sunday sounds lovely. We did a quick trip to Perth for gardening stuff. My in-laws had taken the kids to Cirque De Soleil as a school holiday trip so we rushed about like idiots making the most of the child free time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it....my windows are in dire need of attention, where does one find a cleaner in my neck of the woods???...Oh, I need a sign like that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. PS - Given your family had such a yummy lunch I hope there were no complaints about toast for tea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are much more productive this fine Sunday then I am......

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your style Fiona! Every day should be Sunday, wouldn't that be nice! Mel x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Now I am hungry. All looks great Fi, we back to school here tomorrow can't wait to clean my house x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ugh, I hate window cleaning. I'm obsessive about the rest of the house - windows...I don't care how dirty they are :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Busy Sunday. When everyone has gone I realise what a tip my house looks and spend a frenzied day cleaning and tidying. By the time they visit next time of course it's untidy and dirty

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your salad looks delicious! Hope you guys had a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...