Pages

Saturday, 30 November 2013

Mini Plum Pudding Truffles

It just isn't Christmas without a hearty dose of these little treats.  We've been making these truffles for years, the centre filling changing as we see fit, but the jolly 'plum pudding' exterior always remaining the same.


So festive.

These ones are particularly rich and were put together to accompany Dad, Wallace and Jess on a quick visit down to Grandi and Old Nev's this weekend.  Settled into the esky with some pork product and mud crab, fine Christmas fare indeed.

Crumble 500 grams of the cheapest plum pudding you can find into a bowl, add 3 tablespoons of Rum and 200 grams of melted dark chocolate.  The mixture is quite wet at this point and best refrigerated to 'stiffen' before rolling into small balls.

Refrigerate again to set, before rolling in 200 grams of melted dark chocolate to coat.  Placing back on a tray, the choc coating will nearly set without further refrigeration, allowing white chocolate to be drizzled over.  We use cut up jelly snakes as the final adornment.



Beautiful.

10 comments:

  1. They look just lovely. Have you been getting any of the rain? In Hervey Bay we finally got some rain today. Very thankful for it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jane, it is raining as I type, nothing momentous, but the radar looks hopeful that it may be our best fall to date. All very excited here at the moment. My husband and two of the kids lunched at Hervey Bay today!

      Delete
    2. So glad to know you are getting some rain. Love the cattle and kid updates.

      Delete
  2. They look delicious! Will definitely give them a try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've done something similar before but without the dark chocolate. I might have to give these a go, they look good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to make this! My contribution to the Christmas table this year is going to be sweet stuff and I needed some truffle inspiration!! As always, thanks for a great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I guarantee that these are the best Christmas treats ever. I commit myself to extensive quality control every Christmas and am never disappointed. Merry Christmas to all the Blog followers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. well geez I think I might even be able to handle that recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh divine….I am going to make these this year! Thanks x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those Christmas truffle look delicious! Will have to make a few of those.Thanks for the recipe!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...