Pages

Sunday, 24 January 2016

A Silver Cherry-Filled Lining

Not big on New Year's Resolutions, this year I'm simply adopting a half-glass-full kind of policy.  There's really no point thinking any differently.

In light of recent events we discussed the positives to come from the week just gone.

Matthew could very easily have had fingers completely severed in his shed incident.

Sally, who happened to be riding backwards (let's not even go there), could very easily have been kicked during her descent, with far worse injuries.

And then to top off the vast amount of time I've spent in orthopaedic surgeon's waiting rooms this past week, I managed to photograph a recipe in one of the magazines and put it to good use this weekend.


So what could be better than one ring of profiteroles?


Why, two of course.

And what could be better than that?


Cherry cream filling, and chocolate coating ... that's what!

See ... every cloud has a silver lining.

7 comments:

  1. That's done it. I'm definitely moving in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. righto, I'll be down for smoko after I have swung past Ainsley's for lunch. I will be bringing my own elastic waisted strides.... issues may arise with buttons and zippers but not because of broken wings ;)
    Hope that glass is half full of a good stiff drink of an evening, what with all of the whip cracking you will be doing (is hard work!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope the rest of the family could eat this one handed. Looks delicious.
    Actually, if I were you, I'd rather hope the others were too slow to grab a second helping.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my god, I think I just fell in love with that delicious looking concoction. Oooh, things sound like they've been a bit interesting but I hope all is well and people are healing up nicely. Glass half full is a good way to look at life I think. I always try to look for the positives, although sometimes it is hard when tiredness and missing family kicks in.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So happy to see your amazing family back on hour blog.. I have followed since 2009

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG so what to try making these one day..........LOVE them.........

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...