Pages

Saturday, 23 January 2016

Pancho & Lefty

When I started this blog back in 2009, the kids were aged between five and nine and life certainly seemed to have a chaotic edge to it.  As they've grown and become far more self-reliant, I've often wondered if the name is still apt.  Sometimes I change the header to read "Cattle, Kids & sometimes a little Chaos", "Cattle, Kids & occasional Chaos" or "Cattle, Kids & some Chaos thrown in".  This past week though "Cattle, Kids & a bloody great dose of Chaos" seems to fit perfectly!

I've spent more time at the Hillcrest Hospital than I have at home.


With this team.

A little shed accident left the big fella with severed tendons in two fingers, resulting in surgery and immobilisation of the arm for six weeks. 


Mercy.


Not to be outdone, Sal took a tumble off her pony the day after Matthew got out of hospital, resulting in two broken bones in her right wrist, requiring realignment and plastering.  Six weeks of plaster for her as well.


Neither can cut up their dinner.  Or make a bed.  Some can't even do their strides up.  I can see twenty years of training slipping away before my eyes.

In good news, I'm establishing myself very quickly into the role of 'boss'.  With the three oldest back to school next week, I'll be cracking the whip over these two wingies.

18 comments:

  1. Oh Fiona! What drama at your place this week. Yes, "a bloody great dose of Chaos" seems very apt. I wish a speedy recovery to the broken wing mob and take care cracking that whip so you don't become one of them :-)

    Alison xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alison ... I'm well versed at whip-cracking so hopefully no injuries will result!

      Delete
  2. I had to stifle the thought "wouldn't it be funny if Fiona got RSI from cracking that whip too much and they put her arm in a sling." I guess that thought sprang to mind because when I damaged my wrist (not from whip cracking I might add) and had it in a sling, my younger son broke his ankle. Forget the silliness. I hope your patients heal quickly and you can put that chaos away again for a while.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha Pauline ... Yes I'm quite happy allowing peace to reign supreme. Let's hope we'll now revert to 'normal' programming!

      Delete
  3. I'm sorry but I had to laugh! You poor thing! I can sympathise. Hope Sal and the big fella heal alright xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're being extremely good patients actually Kerry ... hope you're doing the same!

      Delete
  4. Oh what a week you have all had! Wishing you all best for speedy recoveries.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lynda ... all could have been worse so we're grateful it is what it is.

      Delete
  5. Oh dear. One is difficult enough but 2 at once. Atleast they can keep each other company. Hope they both heal fast and well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Maria, they're quite a team! Hope all is well in your neck of the woods.

      Delete
  6. As a bad as it is it is still quite amusing. Your very activ husband laid up for 6 weeks is bad enough and now Sal as well....Lets hope for a speedy recovery and good nerves on your part!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Therese, they're being very well behaved. Thanks to you also for the Christmas greetings. Hope all is well with you. Any travel plans this year?

      Delete
  7. Oh dear. I hope they're both on the mend soon and that chaos doesn't resume :0)

    ReplyDelete
  8. dear lord, I hope they can wipe their bums. I suggest a wardrobe of elastic waisted stubbie shorts all round (will also help with any christmas excess as well!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. With you cracking the whip, they'll be even more desperate to get back to normal.
    I thought you'd already established your role as boss!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh dear. Now I've caught up on the drama. Things have been a bit exciting, in not the best way, around your place. I think every family has their share of chaos, no matter the age of the children (even the adult ones). Have fun with all the whip cracking and I hope the pair of them behave so they heal well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good grief! How are things in your camp now Fiona? Reminds me of back in1986 when our neighbours 3 kids all broke their arms on Christmas Day, they actually made the front page of the paper for that effort. Hope the patients are making a good recovery x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey just checking on how are the patients healing?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...